"Federal authorities arrested a 22-year-old Anaheim resident on charges related to online threats made against Vice President JD Vance during a family visit to Disneyland last July.
Marco Antonio Aguayo was taken into custody on Friday following an investigation led by the U.S. Secret Service, with assistance from the FBI and Anaheim Police Department.According to a federal criminal complaint filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, Aguayo posted multiple comments on Disney’s official Instagram account while the family was visiting. These messages included claims that pipe bombs had been placed throughout the park in preparation for Vance’s arrival.
“Pipe bombs have been placed in preparation for J.D. Vance’s arrival,” one of the comments read. “It’s time for us to rise up and you will be a witness to it,” said another. Another July 12 post claimed “there will be bloodshed tonight” and “we will bathe in the blood of corrupt politicians.”
Aguayo, who lives in Anaheim near the resort, reportedly learned of Vance’s visit through public reports or social media. During questioning by authorities, he admitted to making the posts but stated that he had considered deleting them and ultimately forgot to do so, prosecutors said.
Aguayo faces a single federal charge of making threats against the president and successors to the presidency. If convicted, he could face up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000."
TP

No comments:
Post a Comment